EPIC will be required after your passing PLAB 2 when you finally apply for GMC registration. But, you never know how long EPIC may take, so I would suggest if you’re looking at getting registered after 11 June 2018, start your process as soon as possible.
What is EPIC?
It stands for the ‘Electronic Portfolio of International Credentials (EPIC)’. It is the electronic portal via which the ECFMG will ensure all the papers you’ve submitted regarding your PMQ is legitimate and can send the verification to a registered organization like GMC.
If you intend to register for a license to practice under GMC, you must follow the guidelines by creating an ‘EPIC account’ and ensure your PMQ is verified before you begin your entire process.In order to start the process, you will need to make an account with EPIC.
They will ask for the following:
- A scanned, full-color copy of the photograph page of your current, unexpired passport
- A scanned, full-color copy of the page that contains your passport expiration date, if applicable;
- A scanned, full-color copy of the section of your passport that is in Latin characters, if applicable;
- A full-color photograph of yourself
- Information about your medical education, including your medical school identification number (if applicable) and attendance and degree issue dates;
- Your medical licensure information, including any identification numbers;
- Your USMLE/ECFMG Identification Number (if you have one); and
- Your ECFMG International Credentials Services (EICS) Identification Number (if you have one)
Frequently Asked Questions About EPIC:
⊗⊗How long will all of this take? When should I do it?
Well, it really depends on how fast your institution responds.It’s a good idea to start this process as quickly as possible and ensure that your college knows that they need to respond as soon as possible. A good idea is to start the process after your PLAB 1, before your PLAB 2 if you have time. Otherwise you can do it anytime as this verification is valid for your lifetime.
⊗⊗Which document I have to get EPIC verified?
You will ONLY need to get your Primary Medical Qualification (PMQ) verified.
⊗⊗How much is this going to set me back?
Fees vary from case to case. The general range of cost you can expect is £155 – £260.
⊗⊗Is EPIC verification required to sit for PLAB?
No. It’s needed for your GMC registration. EPIC will be required after your passing PLAB 2 when you finally apply for GMC registration. But, you never know how long EPIC may take, so I would suggest if you’re looking at getting registered after 11 June 2018, start your process as soon as possible.